Nowadays we have a great level of instability as far as salaries in the medical field are concerned. Compared to other fields within industries, technologies, education, we can still say that the healthcare system is infinitely more stable in salaries and in careers.
By statistical data, we can say that now it is actually a great time to get hired as a dentist assistant. This is because the dental assistant salary right now is in an increase compared to how the year 2013 started. Of course, a dental assistant salary of spring 2012 was higher than now, but things are expected to change and to improve in the following years.
Another fact is that people are more interested in dental health nowadays than a couple of decades ago. This means that people have learned that it’s quite important and benefic to a healthy life, to a normal painless life to have their teeth without cavities and in a good health. We all know that dental pain is one of the most horrific levels of pain and we surely want to avoid that. So, the point is, that you can count on stability as a dental assistant.
The average US dentist assistant salary right now is around $50,000 per year. Clearly, your salary will depend on a lot of factors. Considering that you are already qualified to become a dental assistant, it still depends on the location and on your experience.
Top Dental Assistant Schools Near You
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assistant
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor?s Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Assisting
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Star Career Academy - the career school of choice.Students will be prepared for entry-level employment in allied medical assisting and other health fields, hotel/restaurant management, cosmetology, or a choice from our professional culinary and baking & pastry programs. What makes us unique, and unlike other trade schools, is the dedication of our staff to provide performance-based occupational training. Students gain the knowledge and confidence they need so that they may quickly gain employment and achieve the success they desire.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assistant
Let’s consider some examples per areas:
- In the New York area, you can expect your dental assistant salary per year to be around $62.000
- In Sacramento, CA it’s slightly above the average
- In cities such as El Paso, TX, you will only be paid $40,000 per year
- In Washington, DC you will be paid approximately the same as in the New York area
- In Maryland, the salaries are a bit above the national average
- In Las Vegas, NV you will be paid around $41,000 per year
As you can see, different regions across the United States are paid differently. It depends on the area, but you also have to consider your possibilities of staying in a well-paid area. For instance, it’s not always easy (without friends or relatives) to live in the New York area and make things worth it financially, for the sole purpose of working as a dental assistant.
Also, there are some differences between state hospitals and private hospitals or cabinets. If you want to put it that way, your dental assistant salary might also have a little luck included, meaning that if you are luckier you will be paid more (if you get to work where your efforts are more appreciated).
However, as a conclusion, a dental assistant salary as of this month is great on the average. You will also have something other workplaces wouldn’t necessarily get you: stability. People will always go to the dentist and every dentist will need a dentist assistant. It’s just the simple truth and you must know this, as well as you must know how important it is to become financially stable.