Nowadays we have a great level of instability as far as salaries in the medical field are concerned. Compared to other fields within industries, technologies, education, we can still say that the healthcare system is infinitely more stable in salaries and in careers.
By statistical data, we can say that now it is actually a great time to get hired as a dentist assistant. This is because the dental assistant salary right now is in an increase compared to how the year 2013 started. Of course, a dental assistant salary of spring 2012 was higher than now, but things are expected to change and to improve in the following years.
Another fact is that people are more interested in dental health nowadays than a couple of decades ago. This means that people have learned that it’s quite important and benefic to a healthy life, to a normal painless life to have their teeth without cavities and in a good health. We all know that dental pain is one of the most horrific levels of pain and we surely want to avoid that. So, the point is, that you can count on stability as a dental assistant.
The average US dentist assistant salary right now is around $50,000 per year. Clearly, your salary will depend on a lot of factors. Considering that you are already qualified to become a dental assistant, it still depends on the location and on your experience.
Top Dental Assistant Schools Near You
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assisting - Associate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Assisting
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- AS - Medical Office Administration
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Assisting
Let’s consider some examples per areas:
- In the New York area, you can expect your dental assistant salary per year to be around $62.000
- In Sacramento, CA it’s slightly above the average
- In cities such as El Paso, TX, you will only be paid $40,000 per year
- In Washington, DC you will be paid approximately the same as in the New York area
- In Maryland, the salaries are a bit above the national average
- In Las Vegas, NV you will be paid around $41,000 per year
As you can see, different regions across the United States are paid differently. It depends on the area, but you also have to consider your possibilities of staying in a well-paid area. For instance, it’s not always easy (without friends or relatives) to live in the New York area and make things worth it financially, for the sole purpose of working as a dental assistant.
Also, there are some differences between state hospitals and private hospitals or cabinets. If you want to put it that way, your dental assistant salary might also have a little luck included, meaning that if you are luckier you will be paid more (if you get to work where your efforts are more appreciated).
However, as a conclusion, a dental assistant salary as of this month is great on the average. You will also have something other workplaces wouldn’t necessarily get you: stability. People will always go to the dentist and every dentist will need a dentist assistant. It’s just the simple truth and you must know this, as well as you must know how important it is to become financially stable.